Contact us to learn more about our lab services.
The electron microscopy platform offers the following services to determine microstructural aspects of microbial, animal, and plant cells and tissues and other biological samples.
Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) services include:
- Identification and physical characterization of viruses ;
- Identification and structural determination and morphology of bacteria (Gram positive and Gram negative cells);
- Investigation of samples for biological contaminants (ex : mycoplasma) in clinical samples and cell culltures
- Immuno-electron microscopy with or without colloidal gold (immuno-gold) on liquid samples (negative staining) or cellular cross sections (pre-and post-fixation and staining techniques)
- Quality control of viral fractions or density gradient samples to visually determine their contents
- Cellular morphology of ultra-thin sections
- Quantification of viruses using calibarted quantities of latex beads by negative staining
- Identification of retroviruses in cell samples and determination of the ratio of infected cells from cross-sections
- Digital high resolution black and white photos of samples
CONFOCAL MICROSCOPY AND FLOW CYTOMETRY
The infrastructure includes a Becton Dickson LSRFortessa flow cytometry system with four lasers, which can perform high resolution multiparametric analyses of cell populations. A BD FACS Calibur cytometry system with two lasers is available to conduct routine analysis, such as expression of cellular surface markers/antigens. The Zeiss LSM780 confocal microscope is a precision instrument capable of providing detailed analyses of diverse cellular processes at the celullar and subcellular level such as intracellular trafficking and localization of pathogens and their products within cells or samples.
BIOANALYSIS USING LC-MS/MS (TRIPLE QUADRUPOLE AND ORBITRAP)
Services on drug metabolism (preclinical and clinical stage). Bioanalysis using LC-MS/MS (using Triple Quadrupole and Orbitrap), enabling pharmacokinetic studies (plasma concentration), identification of metabolites and their elimination pathways. Drug-drug interactions with in vitro tools at any stage of drug development to predict and reduce the unwanted effect in patients, hence having better therapeutic profile.